Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Dread to think what a busy game is for this assessor

Assessed again on Saturday by a pleasant and helpful gentleman who pointed out the same mobility problem that afflicts my game - and most probably my chances of progressing to level 5 of the FA ladder.
But what surprised me most was when he said I managed to get most things right and that it was a quiet game. Well maybe compared to Chelsea v Man Utd on Sunday.
But on Saturday I had a penalty after three minutes, two goals in the first four, six in all, sent off one of the managers, booked a player who had already been subsituted and handed out several yellows. I have to confess I've known quieter 0-0 draws!
But what I think he meant was that both teams played hard and competitive football. There was little dissent in the first half but it became a bit more spicy in the second, even though the vast majority of the challenges were fair.
It was a stunning September's Saturday afternoon in Kent and - despite the pressure of being assessed - I really enjoyed it. I started Saturday with a headache for some reason but felt a lot better after the game.

No comments: