Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sturridge penalty - TV replays prove nothing

I'm a Chelsea fan so I took a special interest in the penalty that gave the Blues vicstory over QPR in the FA Cup today.
I don't know if there are fewer cameras when ITV shows football but there didn't seem to be a decent view of the incident in which referee Mike Dean ruled that Daniel Sturridge was pushed over in the penalty area.
There's certainly a coming together of two players but I couldn't see if Sturridge was pushed or not - so guess what, I'm going to trust the referee, shock horror.
Chelsea are playing miserably at the moment so I'm grateful for any goals they can get.
Messrs Strachan and Warnock decided on TV they had a good view of the incident and that Dean didn't. Ah well, I hope and doubt that Dean is losing much sleep about it.

No comments: