Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

That wall's not 10 yards back - it's 15 yards!

No matter how hard I tried, I could not get the captain to understand why I did not need to measure out the 10 yards to ensure the defensive wall was at the correct distance. It was clearly visible to the eye that the wall was about 15 yards back and there was absolutely no need to measure it out.

"But you've got to walk it Ref," he shouted. And he wouldn't let it drop, berating me every time I paced out 10 yards for the rest of the game.
"But this wall needs measuring out because the players in it are only 7 yards back," I tried to explain. "Your wall didn't need to be measured becasue you had very kindly taken up a position that was closer to 15 than 10 yards away from the ball."
The defender seemed to regard the process of pacing out the 10 yards as a right rather than a duty necessary to ensure the law was adhered to.He wanted me to alert his wall that it was to far back and that I should tell them to come closer!
Sigh!

No comments: