Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Sharp pain in foot - to ref or not to ref

I thought at first it was a combination of age, being overweight and generally unfit. I'm used to being stiff for a couple of days after games but last Saturday, as soon as I ran hard the first time, I felt a sharp pain in my left foot, as though I was running on exposed bone. 


It made life hard during the game and I've suffered from it all week, even though it has gradually faded. 24 hours before my game, I can still feel it when I walk but it's not as severe.
I fear the same thing will happen again tomorrow but I'm also anxious not to miss any games. I have a 2-week break from tomorrow anyway so hopefully it's something that will wear off in time.
It's a shame, as I'm feeling fitter than I have done for a while. Still way overweight, of course, but trimmer and keeping up with play better.

No comments: